Thursday 9 October 2014

Dark n Lovely Braids and Weaves- Part 2

Hi beautiful people,

I hope you enjoyed reading my first post of the Dark n Lovely new product line. If you did, then am grateful and like I told you I am back with more.

Just a recap of the list of products: Scalp wash
                                                        Scalp soother
                                                        Hair refresher
                                                        SOS Hairline
 I am done with that of the scalp wash so my next is about the scalp soother.

Anti-itch Scalp Basing Soother



this product as explained on the container is an anti-itch, fresh control and daily used product. It's also stated that it instantly relieves the scalp from tightness and itchiness due to braiding and also helps with manageability of the hair when braiding.
Well, for the aspect of of tightness I can't say much because my hair was about a week or more old when I got the product but with the rest I would agree with it fully because it really helped with itchiness on my scalp and to add to that, it also kept my scalp moisturized as well as my new growth. It had this nice smell that made me love it the more because I love it when I pass by someone and the person asks me "what did you put in your hair? It smells good" I even love it more when other people hear those words about my hair....hahahahaha.... Anyway the truth is this product smells so good and I even used it after taking out my braids and had my own hair twisted. I just put a little on a particular spot and then rub it in well so it can reach to other parts of the scalp.
 I also like the thickness, its not too thick and its not too light. just ok and easily spreads when you massage it in.
When I went through the ingredients, there was something that drew my attention and which is what I always look out for in every new product I get. The first two ingredients listed were water and glycerine. With these, I knew even before usage that this product would be good and I was right.
In fact when I read through Annette's review I was asking my self so many questions.... like Is she really telling us the truth or its just a thing to get people to buy the products but then I said to myself there's no harm in trying. I got them and here am I talking plenty too...lol. I could go on and on but I don't want to be selfish so let me leave it here and watch out for other people to attest to these facts.


Hair Refresher


The spray has an inscription on its container that it's anti-odour. This explains itself but the truth is there is more to it than just taking away odour from one's hair.
 This is a moisturizing spray which is enriched with natural oils like jojoba and peppermint. It refreshes, moisturizes, smells great with this minty feeling and also adds shine to the hair.

The whole idea of using a hair spray is to get rid of odor and also dryness but I believe what matters most is the contents of the spray. I have a DIY spritz for my natural hair which has water, oils, glycerine, etc and when I read the ingredients on this product I realized that they were not too different from what I had made myself, except for some of the big big names I saw which didn't really matter to me. My concern is usually with the ingredients listed first. This means that I can always use any of them based on its availability at the needed time.

One last good thing I can say about these products is that they are sooooo affordable so I would urge someone out there to go grab a set and i bet that you will not regret it...

NB: A review on the SOS Hairline will be up soon....... 

Like I always say..... keep being yourself... Be Bold & Beautiful

 



1 comment:

  1. I just love the Anti-itch!

    I nominated you for Versatile Blogger Award. You can find details here: http://ghlonghair.blogspot.com/2014/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete